Thursday, June 17, 2010

Love My Band!

Monday I received a 'fill'. That is basically where the technician at the surgeon's office inserts a special needle into the port located under the skin in the abdomen and injects saline to the tube that surrounds the band. This is done to further constrict the band. Basically, the food stays in the pouch longer and I feel satisfied longer. I was way overdue for a fill. I guess I thought I could be one of the exceptions that didn't need fills and could lose all my weight without doing that. That kind of thinking is just destructive! Sometimes, I am just too stubborn for my own good! (Hope my husband doesn't read this or I will never hear the end of it) I have the tool. I went so far as to have a medical device inserted into my body but then I want to be stubborn and not use it properly? This was only my second fill in almost a year. Surgery July. 1st fill in January and now 2nd fill. I have a total of 4cc in my band. So here is what I ate today... Breakfast was a protein shake. My surgeon says I shouldn't drink my calories but I can confess here. She won't read my blog, right? I like the Click Mocha protein powder mixed with half cup of frozen cherries, one cup of milk and some ice cubes in my Vitamix. I could create a whole blog about my Vitamix but we won't go there. At least not today. :) Lunch was a half cup of refried beans with cheese and sour cream served with 10 tortilla chips. Couldn't quite finish the beans. About 3pm I felt like I should have a snack. Wasn't hungry but felt like I should eat a snack. I had half a yoplait light thick and creamy cinnamon roll yogurt. Dinner was half cup of homemade chicken salad with two wheat thin flatbread crackers. YUM! Completely full and satisfied. Aside from lack of vegetables which I will remedy tomorrow, this is how the band should work! Loving my band!

No comments:

Post a Comment